Wednesday, July 23, 2008

the car, she is buggared. . . .









i am speechless. for various reasons.


firstly because i am so tired and hung over from my two person party with horse riding buddy marina (got to sleep around three thirty - checking up on you bloggers...god. talk about addictions, eh?)



and secondly because i have just seen my car.....



going back in time. . . . to recap. (since last posting)





here i am at three this morning. (before seeing car, after blogging and certainly feeling invincible and brave) and, um, happy.


here i am at eight this morning, before seeing car, checking up on COMMENTS (eyebrows wriggling frantically and obviously in your direction). here i am suffering from self inflicted lack of sleep and a hideous hang over but "hanging in there" nevertheless, because i am special, or so i have been told..picture entitled: Brave Face Running Horse, which was my apache name in a previous life. agh. whatEVER. eyebrows raised to keep eyes opened.




en route to see car. me, gabby and amnaay driving (because i am not With It this morning) in landrover. hooray amnaay our dearest fix it man on the entire planet is back!!! he makes everything ok. everything. he remained tight lipped though, when i told him about the car.


my car. oh dear. my car. what a mess. what a tragic mess. the car she is "buggared", apparently. according to the chief auto electrician at the workshop. at least she isn't "fucked" which would mean that it would be unfixable. every single wire is melted. frankly, it looks "fucked" to me. how we did not rocket up to space in a ball of fire is, according to yorkshireman mort (mort the mortician in charge of workshop), "fooking unbelievable." angels. we have angels. if that is correct then i am calling in all Money Angels. calling in all Money Angels. please. because its going to cost a "fooking lot of money mate". according to mort. (note steering wheel position and wires wires wires wires everywhere)
a close up for those interested, present company excluded. dash board. that is the dash board. god. to get your bearings, see small gear lever in bottom right hand corner.






still. deeply unimpressed after seeing my car. me on back of landrover sulking tired hungover and cold. picture taken slyly (and secretly delightfully) by first born.



but gabby gets to see her sunflowers next to the airport. finally.






my god its freezing today. those polar bears will be back. i know.




TP and weary X's
















31 comments:

Dumdad said...

Oh dear, it does looked fecked.

If you're not too hungover pop over to my blog which has an African theme in the latest post (and you're mentioned too).

belle said...

ooh came via dumdad - it's his fault, blame him - nice to meet you and will be back!

Janelle said...

i know DD! its totalled...and will cost a HEAP of bucks to rewire...phew. thanks for commisserating! xx

thanks for reading belle! will pop over and read you later...gotta dash out for cooking class... X

Diana said...

Um. Well. Like you, I'm wondering where the line between buggered and fooked lies, because it all looks firmly on the 'fooked' side to me, where it is just cheaper to shoot the poor beast and go find another.

Bless.

Catofstripes said...

Just a comment to show solidarity although I am not hungover and my car is not (as far as I know) buggared. But still, I feel your pain. No, honest.

I hope they can fix the poor thing soon, not nice to see a beast in pain. The car, dear! not you.

xx

john.g. said...

That is an EX car!

Janelle said...

well. i reckon it can be fixed.....? lets see....! x janelle

Miranda said...

Ah. Bugga, That is indeed buggared - borderline fucked. Which means. There is still Hope

mouse (aka kimy) said...

yikes!! a miracle is most definitely needed...perhaps the kind, christian, play-station active family can help...

wiring messes in cars are the worst. too many mysteries when something gets fucked up or even buggared

Chimera said...

Ewe, chausa ka wire carco pa roade! (Or summat!) The kids in Lusaka used to call my car 'Ka Wire' after the wire cars they push around which usually drive better miles to the gallon then my poor old daewoo.
The picture of your daughter in the red against the sunflowers is wonderful!!
T xx
p.s. you beautiful even pissed in the morning!

ciara said...

well that car is certainly FUBAR (fucked up beyond all recognition). i'm just glad that none of you were hurt. in the end a 'fooked' car is just a 'fooked' car...know what i mean?

you're very pretty in the pics...including the sulking one ( i know we can't see your face...but it's still a cute photo)

Janelle said...

yeah Mouse! totally right..like a bowl of spilled spaghetti! thanks for visiting! xx

eh tanvi! HELLO! heh heh! love your comment...and do you THINK so?? re: drunk in the morning. why THANKS!!!! XX

ciara! yeah exactly. its just a car. just a car. and there is so much more to be thankful and positive for...YAY! xx

Caroline said...

..daahling it's FINE, it looks just like mine which still works (when the police haven't got it), all those exposed wires and blackened bits hanging off give it character. Anyway, on the bright side you could always recycle it, put the chassis behind a donkey, make bracelets from the copper etc like all the ladies at Namanga.
And you look bloody excellent at 3.30 in the morning.
xxxx from the Copperbelt - yes I do so love it here too

Caroline said...

ps is Marina Tati if u know what I mean? Mrs Oliver? Sister of Daniela?
xxx

ExAfrica said...

Shit - very bad news about the vehicle. Lucky you have horses.

And I cannot help but repeat the sentiment that you look excellent hung over! Good god I wish I could look like that after a few too many! Somehow my eyes swell up and then drop down a few inches to better show off the redness. It's ever so pretty.

Janelle said...

ah you're all soooo sweeeet saying i look nice....! thanks! and yes caroline - it is Tati...!
xx janelle

tam said...

Buy a coupla oxen and yoke them to the front. Who can afford fuel anymore anyway?
which reminds me - do you still put the matchbox in front of the fuel gauge when its on E for Enough, so that you can't see it and get that odear we're going to run out feeling?

Janelle said...

heh heh! yesssssssssss! pamu gets in today..>! YAY!
xx

Tam said...

Gosh all these technical mechanical terms - no wonder I can't make the garage understand me when I take my little car in to be fixed....
Commiserations on you very poorly motor.
English Tam x x

Caroline said...

madonnnnnnna santa maria no wonder i like you. send her such a big hug from carolina, we worked together at abu.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Janelle said...

thanks english tam! indeed. my brother in law assures me that all cars undergoing rewiring look like that... oh. thanks for visiting! x janelle

Janelle said...

i know i know caroline!! actually when we were having our two person party we spoke about you!! so there you go...and madonna, she told me LOTS of abu camp tales....lovely lovely! YAY! xxxxx

Ernest de Cugnac said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ernest de Cugnac said...

Have decided previous comment most uncalled for. Two excuses (a) I am from Mars and (b) in a temporary narcotic state brought on by people varnish spraying the stairs.

PS why don't you have a little dustbin, then I could have deleted it and been spared this embarrassment?

Ernest de Cugnac said...

Oh, you do!

Janelle said...

oi Martian. where's my little dustbin?

Ernest de Cugnac said...

At the bottom of each comment - now don't you go fishing through it!!

Janelle said...

WHERE??? i think you've done something to it. . . . x

Ernest de Cugnac said...

Hmmm. It is strange - I can't see them now, but I'm willing to bet when I post this, they will appear. On verra.

Ernest de Cugnac said...

Yup.

Janelle said...

funky. xx