Friday, May 8, 2009

headin' west....


oh my the moon is so round and full and beautiful tonight. . . it explains everything.

i can even see the snow caps on kilimanjaro glitter. if i was a better photographer i would take one for you...

another week has slipped by... and what a one it was.

tommorrow we leave for west kilimanjaro...for carlos's house warming...a late afternoon ride awaits and then  a night around a fire, guitars, horses, moon gazing and poetry. and saying terribly clever things after a few whiskies. . . 

i can't wait.

so tooooodely old tooooooooooodely pip then, You. bisous, great full round moon ones...X.O.. j

8 comments:

Bee said...

Oh, a camp-out for adults! What fun. (Just wanted you to know that I've been bragging about you at my place.)

Bee said...

I've explained about the elephants at my place. Thanks for visiting.
(Sigh. Husband and I were supposed to be watching "Let There Be Blood," but he is trying to fix his mother's computer -- by phone.)

family affairs said...

I SO want to come on one of your campfire sing songy things....with cigarettes and alcohol and warmth and love and music and smells and noise and excitement and it is so far removed from the leafy suburbs where I live it's ridiculous.

Please tell me you're coming in August and bringing your guitar and your horse and your husband and your children and your fags and your whisky and your poems and your voice and and and ....

mighty jo said...

happy adventuring!

Janelle said...

thanks for visiting y'all...
lulu - just come! actually its so rainy here...so guess there will be lots of mudmudmud glorious mud...but that's never stopped me before. my boys have all bailed and are going for sleepovers...sensible i guess...XXX janelle

Dumdad said...

Have fun! I expect a full report when you get back.

Reya Mellicker said...

The moon, the weather, the sky in general can always explain everything. Cool. Have fun.

Mama Shujaa said...

So, I also wish you could have taken a picha of Kili; but this one of the saddles is romantic enough.

xoxox
Mama S.