1. take cobra out fridge onto lawn (if you could call it that) so no snake blood and drippy venom drops on kitchen floor. lay it out so everyone can go "oooo" "sis" "Oh. My. God." and such like. stand really close to its head in bare feet to freak your parents out for fun. and because you get a kick out of standing next to a cobra head which just MIGHT still have bit of venom dripping about the place.
2. hold cobra to see how heavy it is. "hurry ma! quick! it's slipping out! it's heavy!" safari c: "YOU hold it." me: " no fucking ways man. it's DISGUSTING."
3. see how long it is by holding it against last born. it is about 1.5 m. not the biggest i've ever seen. but big enough. imagine THAT slithering into your bed while you're fast asleep?
4. start twisting it into jar. rigormortis has started to set in. ever so slightly. still. don't let this stop you twisting and turning it into the chosen jar. remember to choose the right size jar from your nearest supermarket. in this case, shopright, arusha.
5. fitting it into the jar might prove difficult. do not give up. be careful to hold the head carefully.(see below)
6. take dramatic photograph of the head because it's so evil and vile before the next part of the pickling process.
7. squash head in with naked thumb. with caution obviously. not just sommer, like below.
8. liberally pour formaldehyde into jar on top of cobra.
9. once again, squash head INTO formaldehyde for full preservation and for fun.
10. close with air tight lid and hey presto! Pickled Naja nigricollis