Sunday, March 16, 2014

...from outta space....


oh beautiful besties! (if anyone's still around....?)  here i am. back...making a tentative re entry into the blogosphere. the thing is, actually, i HAVE been here...reading all your wonderful words, loving your lives, your images...and i've said to myself, "must try harder. must blog." i almost deleted the entire story. i almost started another one. the format of this might change, so be patient. or leave. i'll totally understand. believe me.

thank christ last year is over. 2013 wasn't one of the best. in fact, it could almost equate to the year my mother died but not quite. no one died. and anyway, it has a '13' in it. the hippies were right when they said there was transition at the end of 2012. holy cow, were they right or what?  on the edge is a pretty cool place to be, apparently. keeps one tight and watchful and at one's best, no?

but, happily - the worm is turning, i think, for the best - and things are far brighter and i have learned and loved, oh besties, more than you could imagine. i wouldn't say i am any the wiser for it, probably a little smaller, in fact. a little more frail perhaps, which isn't always a bad thing. i feel mostly alive and wide-eyed aware of the great and small blessings around me. and deeply grateful. 


the horse remains legendary.  just sayin'...

so.

what i plan to do, until we're all caught up on this life from the little pink house on the hill , since 25th November last year, is extract some little notes from my journal on what's been happening. and see if that works...to find the fluency again. or not.


3rd December 2013 

on the 3rd of december it is evident i am clearly failing at most things - apart from eating and planting baby cactii, which is my new passion, by the way. (planting things, not eating. although if you actually saw me, you would definitely question this). more on this later...

there. sigh. it's quite nice to have landed back here from outta space...i'll be taking small steps here. one letter at a time. 



i'll be seein' ya. i'm back. until then, bisous x.x.x. those old chestnut ones x j








20 comments:

Silvia Byrne said...

So glad you are back. x

Janelle said...

thank you silvia! me too. x j

Linda Sue said...

I was so excited to see you that I read too fast, must go back , but I did read that you were eating too much baby cactus and I was really impressed...that is what I get for rushing. I kiss the horses nose! Glad to see you!!!!

Janelle said...

linda sue! why thank you dear dear lady! x x j

Amanda said...

missed you janelle - so happy to see you back. looking forward to more of your tales...

bellananda said...

Yaaaaaaaay! You're back! :)
I'm jealous of your diary page. Wish mine were half so entertaining. ;)

♡ from kansas city

Mike B said...

Wonders never cease, and I was beginning to wonder if perhaps the pastel pinks in Arusha had been forever swallowed up in some axle busting black cotton quagmire along the way? Glad you're back, and I must confess to being a hilltop literary groupie. Your's is truly the only blog that I follow on this sphere of 7 billion, or is it 8? Months along now and the bone marrow freezing cold has finally left Montana. Griz have started to dig out on the upper Yellowstone in just the past 10 days. Green returns to the northern plains, and pink has blossomed in Tanzania. Yep, welcome back. The sphere keeps turning.

Janelle said...

aw thank you amanda and bellananda and dear mike in the montana! gosh mike, why aren't you writing or are you? all your comments, dear readers, make me feel very happy to back. MUST continue though. shucks. x x x j

Dumdad said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere! You haven't been away that long although it feels like forever. Hope you have a great 2014.

timothymarcjones said...

Welcome back. x

donna baker said...

So glad to hear from you again, Janelle. I've always enjoyed your posts. Your life seems so exotic to me and I love hearing about it. Bad years happen and thankfully go by. Usually find the silver linings though.

Jeannie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeannie said...

Ah, lovely to pop in and find you here!

I didn't know baby cacti were edible. You have provided my new fact for the day! Also, your journal is amazing <3

Glad you didn't change the stupid locks, or make us leave our keys ;)

Francisca Matteoli said...

happy you're back. And you're on my blogroll too !xxx Francisca www.franciscamatteoli.com/blog/

Janelle said...

Dumdad! it's been way too long. thanks for swinging by! x
Mr Jones...why thank you kindly...! x
ms donna baker...life here can be different on so many levels...but soon it becomes the norm when you live it. it certainly teaches you to expect the extraordinary, that's for sure! thanks for swingin' by. x

jeannie! did i say baby cactii are edible!? am sure i didn't...blame it on my very bad syntax. lovely to hear from you. x
thank you francisca! MUST swing by and visit you too! and get YOU on my blogroll...this week end. x j

Jane Maassen said...

Yeah! so glad you are back....thank you! x

Katie said...

So very glad you are back! Your words have been missed!

Robyn said...

I love reading your words- one letter at a time. I'll have to go back for a second read now. 2013- yeah crappy in lots of ways! But over now! Where is 2014 rushing off too!?

Janelle said...

thank you katie and robyn! it's a good feeling to know that someone likes reading my words...thank you so much. and it's good to be back here. x j

family Affairs said...

Hurrah!!! Lxx big fat kisses (sympathetic ones from over here)