Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Here be Angels...please.

General De La Rey.

Things are tricky presently. The weather. The Job. And my horse is sick. 

When shit happens, I am very good at reaping the consequences and assuming the responsibility. I'm really good at saying sorry. But now, I stand back and I ask myself was it me? Or can I blame the weather? Absolutely the weather. And I’ll come up with all the reasons why it was definitely and very obviously the weather's fault and go to bed and sleep soundly. Like a baby. And believe in Angels Sometimes I even feel Wings around my shoulders.

His name is Michael and he is very big and important in the Angel World. He’s like a Boss. And he is dead good looking. He rides on the roof of my car. He blesses my children. He protects the house. He guards me. He cheers me up when I lie foetally coiled on my bed and reminds me that everything isn’t as bad as I think it is. He doesn’t cook. Or do my shopping. Or pay the bills. Or get the kids to school and to sports on week ends. No. But he does protect me from policemen. He makes my car go invisible so I don’t get stopped. And sometimes, when I remember, he makes everything a LOT lighter. The trick is to remember to ask and imagine it. Bingo. And don’t forget to say thank you. And suddenly everything isn't quite as bad as you imagined it. You learn to Let Go.

Today’s one of those days when I need Michael. He needs to make my horse better. My horse, De La Rey, isn’t any old horse, you understand. He is one in a million and we have been together in other lifetimes. Chasin’ buffalo on green plains, probably. He is courageous. He has a huge heart. He is funny. He is tough. Strong. We’ve done some hellova wild rides together in country not fit for old men. Last time he escaped into northern Maasailand and disappeared for three hours. We found him 40 kms later. Unharmed. Not a scratch. He’s a wild, tough one. He isn’t scared of hyaena either. Doesn’t even stand up for them. He’s won dressage for me and carried me around courses of jumps all the way to the finish and won that too. He isn't afraid of much but isn't that partial to crows. They peck your eyes out, you know.

There isn’t another horse like him. I promise you.

He is sick. He is losing his strength, something I have never seen him do. This sickness is beating him and I am beside myself with worry. He is starting to give up. The weight is dropping from him and he won’t eat carrots anymore. Last night, I let him out to graze if he wanted to. He lay his head in my arms and sighed. The vet doesn’t know what it is. Angels are the only thing I can turn to now. Please heal this horse. Please take this illness from him? Please? Please? Please? I don't want to let go. 

If my horse gives up the fight, I will too. 

With Angels at my side.

I know he's just a horse. I know there are bigger more serious things in the world to worry about which are keeping all Angels flat out busy, especially a Boss one, like Michael. But to me, he isn't any old horse. He is my Soul Horse and he mustn't leave just yet.

So. If anyone is reading this out there, light a candle and think of a funny spotty horse on a little hill in Tanzania and visualize him better please. 

Thank you! 

Angels be with y'all.

Ride on.

22 comments:

Amanda Summer said...

I just lit a candle for the horse with a huge soul, Mr. De La Ray. Healing wishes being sent to him and hugs to you dear Janelle, from halfway around this big old world of ours. May you be cantering away together soon once again across that beloved land of yours.

With love,
Amanda
xoxo

Janelle said...

Thank you so much Amanda! Blessings to you from Africa. πŸ™❤️

Anonymous said...

Candle lit saying prayers for you both

Mike said...

The Horse Whisperer lives up the road in Paradise Valley, yep, one and the same along the old Yellowstone. Prayers will be prayed later in the week when I pass by, but I'm sure Michael is already there. A good horse is hard to find, and a true horseman or woman damn sure knows the difference. So, the prayer is sent for both of you.
Best Wishes,
Mike.........in Montana territory

Janelle said...

Asante sana mike! Blessings on the wing to Montana from here...to you and the horse whisperer. ❤️πŸ™πŸ΄⭐️

Janelle said...

Thank you anonymous! Bless you. πŸ™πŸ’™

Janelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs Black the shoppe keeping cat said...

This is such a beautiful post, full of sorrow, and yet uplifting and full of light too. My heart breaks for you and your special horse. I am seeing him and you enveloped by great wings of fire and light, and I pray that he may be healed to spend some more precious time with you. x

Nic Sebastian said...

xoxo

Www.connika.typepad.com said...

I'm thinking of you both...

donna baker said...

Janelle, it is always such a treat to see a post of yours, but this is awful. Could he be eating something different? How can the vet not know what is wrong. I sure hope he gets better soon. Is he old? My best to you and De La Ray.

Moonboots said...

Sending thoughts and a candle is lit. Let him be stronger for you a little bit longer. Hope the angels are gathering around your way.

Consuelo Saah Baehr said...

Janelle, you are my loyal reader and I stopped over here to read and then had a thought about your horse - it is his liver. Tell the vet. That is what cane to my mind instantly.

Thank you for all of your wise comments. I say wise, because you always agree with me.

Take care of horsey and be well.

family Affairs said...

I personally know a Horse Whisperer - dare I ask how he is? How you are?? Lx

Rosie DreamCoud said...

Is your beautiful spotty horse ok now? Thinking of you both & sending super powerful healing prayers.

Shelley said...

Thank you too for a lovely reminder that angels absolutely will help us (and can be felt), if we but remember to ask, imagine, believe, and always be thankful for their presence.

Sending prayers and healing white light, and New Year blessings for you and your beautiful General De La Rey.

Consuelo Saah Baehr said...

This vision came instantly. I saw the horse rising lazily as if from a deep healthful sleep. He blinked, surprised to be back in the world.

Love and glad tidings to you, Janelle.

Janelle said...

Dear all you beautiful lovely people you left kind words here. It is with much sadness that i write I had to put my horse down on 1st January. He afs diagnosed with skin cancer which turned very aggressive. He was very ill and we did the humane thing and put him out of his suffering . Will post the story soon...when it is not so fresh with me. I am bereft. With love and blessings to you all. ❤️πŸ™

Mrs Black the shoppe keeping cat said...

Dear Janelle, I am sorrow filled to read that your companion in arms, the very wonderful General De La Rey has died.

In this post of yours, 'Here Be Angels' are some of the most beautiful, ethereal and heartfelt words which I have ever read. It was such a tribute to him and showed that love is never confined to humans only, but to all of those who share moments together. I felt as if I too knew him and I love that photo of you together.

Was it Surtees who said, 'No secret so close as that between a horse and rider' ?

My heart aches for your loss. Know that he will always be with you, and you with him, as I am with my chestnut mare who died a few years ago. xxxx

Slim Paley said...

I am so sorry your beloved General lost his battle Janelle.
We lost our dearly loved dog too soon and without a chance to say good-bye. It was a heart-wrenching experience. We still think and speak of him so often, but now only with smiles, as I'm sure you will of the General, in time.
Wishing you healing and happiness in 2015.

cara said...

I'm so sorry Janelle, I can't imagine how heartbreaking it must be to lose such a friend. All of my love to you.

Janelle said...

thank you dear darling blogging babes... i will write again...soon...just now....in a bit....so much to tell y'all...just not yet....but i will say, i have finally quit smoking. love to every single one of you. and blessings and salaams. x j